Thu, Oct 20|
Foster Parent Resource Symposium
Enrich the lives of the foster youth living with you by learning how other organizations can help you out.
Time & Location
Oct 20, 2022, 5:00 PM – 7:00 PM
Whiteland, 309 E Main St Suite B, Whiteland, IN 46184, USA
About The Event
Join us at our first ever Foster Parent Resource Symposium!
During the first hour we will be hearing from each of our guests. We will learn about services they provide specifically for youth in the foster system.
During the second hour we will be enjoying pizza and the opportunity to chat one-on-one with the organizations that interest you.
The organizations and topics they cover are as follows:
- Adult and Child- Does my foster youth need school based services? We’ll learn about the referral process.
- United HealthCare- UHC will be sharing the services offered just for youth in foster care.
- Foster Success- Do you have a teen in foster care? How are they supported when they age out? Find out more and how to get your youth connected.
- InSource- What is an IEP? Does my foster youth need one? If so, what steps do I take to help my foster youth get the most out of their education.
- BDDS- Waivers. What are they and are they as complicated as they seem?
**Child care is limited, please RSVP early!
This training has been approved by Indiana DCS to count towards your annual required hours.
Foster Parent Symposium