Sat, Apr 10|
New Hope Church
Fostering Medically Fragile/Special Needs Youth
Have you thought about fostering a medically fragile youth? Hear from real foster parents that are living this experience and learn what really goes into this commitment.
Time & Location
Apr 10, 2021, 9:00 AM – 11:00 AM
New Hope Church, 5307 Fairview Rd, Greenwood, IN 46142, USA
About The Event
Often the term “medically fragile” can seem terrifying when considering a foster placement, especially if you have little to no medical background. Resources of Hope's Fostering Medically Fragile/Special Needs Youth course will give you things to consider, as well as an abundance of resources, when the possibility of taking a medically fragile child into your home is on the table. It does not need to be scary or overwhelming. There are many avenues of support available to foster parents who are willing to jump in to this seemingly deep and scary water.
Some of the topic that will be discussed are:
- What constitutes medically fragile
- Who can take placement of a medically fragile child
- What is the transition, or training like, when taking a placement of a medically fragile child
- What kind of support is available when taking in a medically fragile child
- What is a “typical” day like with a medically fragile child
- Other things to consider… Vehicle, car seat, bed
- What things will Medicaid cover and what won’t it cover
Masks are required when social distancing is not possible. We will do our best to take necessary precautions in accordance with CDC suggested guidelines.
Please contact Renae: R.Furnee@resourcesofhope.org with questions or for more information.