Sat, Nov 13|
New Hope Church
Fostering Teenagers Panel Discussion
Have you thought about fostering teens? Join us as we talk to and hear from foster parents that have "been that, done there".
Time & Location
Nov 13, 2021, 9:00 AM – 12:00 PM
New Hope Church, 5307 Fairview Rd, Greenwood, IN 46142, USA
About The Event
We will be joined by 5 families that have extensive experience fostering teenagers in Indiana’s foster care system. They are excited to come together to share their stories and help guide/encourage peers that are interested in learning more about fostering teens.
Fostering teenagers is an often-scary concept for many foster families. Our goal at this panel discussion is to bring to light the positive affects foster families can have in caring for foster teens. We’ll hear real stories of real situations and how they were remedied. We’ll hear advice on what has and hasn’t work and how a foster teen can handle trauma differently than a teenager not placed in the foster system.
Some of the topics we’ll be discussing are:
· Relating to foster teens
· Medication issues/accountability
· Routines for the household
· Staying safe on phones
· Teaching independent living skills
· Money Management/ Jobs
· Food – making positive choices & implementation
Resources of Hope is excited to announce that we are now offering childcare at our trainings!
What you need to know:
- Childcare is limited. Sign up early!
- At this time, childcare is open to youth ages newborn-7 years of age.
- Adult volunteers will have appropriate background checks done.
- Please arrive 15 minutes before training to allow time to get your kids settled. Classes will start promptly at 9:00am.
*Certificates will be handed out at end of class.
Limited scholarships available for foster parents, please contact Renae: R.Furnee@resourcesofhope.org for more information.
Fostering Teens Panel$10.00