Time & Location
About The Event
Now more than ever it is important for us, as foster parents & guardians, to understand how to keep our kids safe online. Join Deputy Jim Engmark & Deputy Jeremy Pell as we explore popular social media outlets, the pitfalls of these programs and how to teach our children to safely explore the internet.
Some of the Topics we will cover are:
- The internet, how information is received and transmitted, and how easy it is for someone to get that information in to their computer.
- How putting personal information into web sites, apps, games etc. could get hacked and used for crimes.
- Social media, and the dilemma associated with these outlets.
- Video games, and the dangers of certain games.
- Entering personal information.
- Entering credit card information into a website.
- Chat Rooms, and how someone can track down an individual when giving personal information.
- Apps and how they can be hidden on mobile devices.
- Dangers and telltale signs of cyber bulling.
We are excited to announce that we are now offering childcare at our trainings!
What you need to know:
- Childcare is limited. Sign up early!
- At this time, childcare is open to youth ages 3-7 years of age.
- Adult volunteers will have Reference, Background and CPS checks done.
- Please arrive 15 minutes before training to allow time to get your kids settled. Classes will start promptly at 9:00am.
*Certificates will be handed out at end of class.
Limited scholarships available for foster parents, please contact Renae: R.Furnee@resourcesofhope.org for more information.
- Internet Safety Training$10$100$0