Sat, Apr 09|
New Hope Church
Internet Safety/Human Trafficking Awareness
Learn how to keep our kids safe from human traffickers and online.
Time & Location
Apr 09, 2022, 9:00 AM – 11:00 AM
New Hope Church, 5307 Fairview Rd, Greenwood, IN 46142, USA
About The Event
This class is DCS approved for required annual foster license hours.
Our Human Trafficking Awareness portion will be presented by Elaine Banter. Below are some of the topics she will be covering:
- What is Human Trafficking is?
- AMP Model (Action, Means, Purpose)
- Grooming, Normalizing, Red Flags
- How to file a report with DCS
- Victim Needs
Deputy Jim Engmark will be covering our Internet Safety portion. We will talk about the fact that children should never put their personal information on any website, without their guardian present or give their personal information to anyone in a chat room. We will discuss social media, chat rooms, mobile apps, videos, games, and the web and how to be safe doing so.
Below is a list of some additional topics we will cover: The internet, how information is received and transmitted, and how easy it is for someone to get that information in to their computer.
- How putting personal information into web sites, apps, games etc. could get hacked and used for crimes.
- Social media, and the dilemma associated with these outlets.
- Video games, and the dangers of certain games.
- Apps and how they can be hidden on mobile devices.
- Dangers and telltale signs of cyber bulling.
We are excited to announce that we are now offering childcare at our trainings!
What you need to know:
- Childcare is limited. Sign up early!
- At this time, childcare is open to youth ages 3-7 years of age.
- Please arrive 15 minutes before training to allow time to get your kids settled. Classes will start promptly at 9:00am.
*Certificates will be handed out at the end of the class.
Limited scholarships available for foster parents, please contact Renae: R.Furnee@resourcesofhope.org for more information.